As you know, we have just released Sales Analytics v1.4, the lastest update for our Analytic Series that also includes Social Analytics and Web Analytics.
On a different side, for some time there's been some debate about whether tools like Google Analytics (GA) are best suit to do the reporting job for your sites. The Analytic Series are designed to work together with GA, not instead of it.
But as the debate goes on (please check these blog comments about JomSocial Analytics), we have came out with the idea of a Mother's Day Contest:
The "What about GA?" Contest
We can say many things about how Sales Analytics, Social Analytics and Web Analytics work and complement GA features, but as we are the developers, users could think our comments are biased.
Instead of that, we'd like that you, as one of our users, comment about the reporting tools. Having been using the tools for some time, you know what they can do and how they complement that information on GA.
So this is what we're planning to do in the Mother's Day "What about GA?" Contest:
- Any user that writes a comment here in this article will get a 5€ discount. If you publish the comment on other site than Analytic Tools, but linking back to us, the discount will be worth 10 €.
- You can publish the comment on any site that talks about web design and development, software development, reporting or statsistic tools. But definitely not in the Joomla Extenions Directory (JED). We're not allowed to give any reward for publishing a comment on the JED (and they have to be completely sincere), and so any comment published there will not be included in the contest.
- You can also publish the comment with the backlink in any social network such as Facebook or MySpace, in your personal blog, or in your corporate site.
- If you publish the comment in a different site, we need that you send us a message or include the link to that page on the "What about GA?" Contest article comments (for example, with the text: follow the debate here).
- The contest will go on until the end of May the 1st, the Mother's Day.
With all the comments we get, we'll award two prizes:
1st Prize: Best comment, based on the technical argumentation
2nd Prize: Funniest/Most original comment.
The first prize will be an UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION WITH 5 YEARS UPDATES for those products that you have already purchased (for example, for Sales Analytics the price is worth 99.75€ and for the Analytic Series, it is worth 199,75€).
The second prize will be an EXTENDED SUBSCRIPTION FOR 1 MORE YEAR for those products that you have already purchased, or a new subscription to a different product (whatever you prefer).
Do you want to participate? Go ahead!! What about GA and your Analytic tool?